An accounting system that really works? You have to be kidding!
Welcome to Nonprofit Accounting Academy. You understand you need strong financial management for your nonprofit organization to succeed. Yet putting a good accounting system in place is so frustrating!
We get it. This is precisely the problem we address.
We believe any nonprofit manager, even without an accounting or finance background, should be able to implement an accounting system that can:
- Process day-to-day transactions such as contributions, vendor payments and payroll
- Produce useful reports that can be understood by managers and board members
- Provide information necessary for an audit and to prepare Form 990
Sound far-fetched? It’s not. We have seen it happen. For example, we helped a nonprofit spay/neuter clinic go from startup to full speed ahead operations without missing a beat in their accounting. The volunteer who managed the books was NOT an accountant. Nonprofits that follow our system CAN enjoy a high functioning accounting system.
What’s the secret?
A combination of
- Short-cut templates to guide the creation of an accounting system using QuickBooks (online or desktop)
- Targeted, self-paced education that focuses on getting you to an end result fast
- Documentation of procedures so a process can be successfully repeated
- In-person training geared to your specific needs
We want to help you get started on the path to a functioning accounting system. Join our Free Member Resource Library. We want to show you that yes, you can do this!
A little about us…
Carrie Schulz and Carol Wilson have been a team since 2009 doing accounting makeovers for nonprofit organizations. They are CPAs and MBAs. Together they run Care Accounting Services. Both teach nonprofit accounting and QuickBooks for the Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. They recently launched Nonprofit Accounting Academy, an online resource for nonprofit accounting tools and education. They like replacing chaos, stress and time draining chores with clarity, efficient solutions and peace of mind.